Re: Login sound -- library mode

On Sun, Oct 05, 2008 at 04:25:16PM -0700, Richard England wrote:
> Nifty Fedora Mitch wrote:
>> Does anyone know how to silence F8 login sounds short of turning down
>> login sounds and other audio....
>> Tossing /usr/share/sounds/login.wav to the side seems to be sloppy.
>>
>> It is the classic boot in a library or lecture hall problem but I do
>> not see any easy 'designed' way to get there from here.
>>
>> I would like all sounds do be well dialed back in such situations not
>> just the login....
>>

> System > Preference > Hardware > Sounds
>
> Click on the Sounds tab at the top of the dialog,
> Go to the bottom of the list and change the settings for "Log in:" to
> "no sound" in the selection box.
> Make other adjustments as necessary.
>
> The alternative is to change the  overall level of volume for "PCM" I
> believe.  I'd have to check.
Thank you... Since I could care less about that sound so it solves it
for me in part.

I was thinking about a 'library' profile that I could select but in
today's Internet world -- who goes to the library anymore.  I will still have
to quickly hush stuff should I mouse over some web page with audio....
Not just libraries, sometimes I login late at night when others in the house are sleeping.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l i
	Found me a new hat, now what?