RAID5 + 1 extra disk HOW

Hello,

I have a server running on RAID5, on which I would like to add a 4th disk, with a seperated filesystem. I need to have some workspace. The same disk could be used to replace a failing disk.

Stuart Sears explaned me howto install this disk as a hot spare, but it looks to me a little bit to dangereous. This server is serving 20 workstations, so I need to do this without taking to many risks. I admit to be a novice on the matter of diskmanagement. I always do standard installation of a filesystem.

So if someone could tell me howto do this in a simple way. I searched the internet for a simple howto, but was unsuccessful. I have to do this at a client in France, few hours driving

Could someone keep me from having a sleepless night?
--
Roland Brouwers
C.A.T. bvba