"yum erase <some kernel>" does not remove /lib/modules/<some kernel>. Why?

Hi,

I saw that "yum erase <some-kernel>" does not remove the correspondent /lib/modules/... entry. Therefore I had a lot of stuff (from fc7, f8,f9) in this directory. How can I achieve that "yum erase <some kernel>" removes /lib/modules/<some kernel> too? Or, are they needed for the future?

Regards

Joachim Backes <joachim backes rhrk uni-kl de>