Re: "yum erase <some kernel>" does not remove /lib/modules/<some kernel>. Why?

Joachim Backes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I saw that "yum erase <some-kernel>" does not remove the correspondent
> /lib/modules/... entry. Therefore I had a lot of stuff (from fc7, f8,f9)
> in this directory. How can I achieve that "yum erase <some kernel>"
> removes /lib/modules/<some kernel> too? Or, are they needed for the future?
>
> Regards
>

> Joachim Backes <joachim backes rhrk uni-kl de>

Are there just a few modules, or all of the modules? If there are
just a few, are you using non-Fedora modules that are built after
the kernel in installed? There are several packages that build their
own modules when you install a new kernel, but they are not listed
as being dependent on the kernel package.

Mikkel