Re: "yum erase <some kernel>" does not remove /lib/modules/<some kernel>. Why?

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Joachim Backes wrote:
Hi,

I saw that "yum erase <some-kernel>" does not remove the correspondent
/lib/modules/... entry. Therefore I had a lot of stuff (from fc7, f8,f9)
in this directory. How can I achieve that "yum erase <some kernel>"
removes /lib/modules/<some kernel> too? Or, are they needed for the future?

Regards

Joachim Backes <joachim backes rhrk uni-kl de>

Are there just a few modules, or all of the modules? If there are
just a few, are you using non-Fedora modules that are built after
the kernel in installed? There are several packages that build their
own modules when you install a new kernel, but they are not listed
as being dependent on the kernel package.

Hi Mikkel,

I'm using the nvidia video driver, VirtualBox and Vmware server, so /lib/modules/... contains the correspondent nvidia or vmware and/or virtualbox modules. It seems that this is the reason for no removement. The yum behaviour sounds reasonable.

Thank you for clarification.

Joachim Backes

Mikkel

--

Joachim Backes <joachim backes rhrk uni-kl de>