Re: Kaffeine codecs

2008/10/7 kwhiskerz <kwhiskerz gmail com>:
> So, then you need the codecs. Go to www.mplayerhq.hu and grab the essential codecs tarball. Unpack it, as root, in /usr/lib/codecs. There is some indication that you will require xine-lib-devel for xine to be able to make use of these mplayer codecs (this might be available from fedora, otherwise livna).

I'd recommend against bypassing package management. And also against
installation of binary-only codecs (Isn't the tarball essentially the
infamous w32codes package?). Especially when there is very little
content that can't be decoded just with the open source decoders from
livna.org.

--
Joonas Sarajärvi
muepsj gmail com