Re: Postfix errors in Logwatch

Björn Persson <bjorn rombobjörn se> writes:

> Marc Schwartz wrote:
>> There is no reference to ghost.localhost.com or the IP address that was
>> referenced in the error messages anywhere on my system (at least in the
>> places that I have looked, which include the relevant config files.)
>
> Are there any references to "localhost.com" or just "localhost"?
>
> Björn Persson

Hi Bjorn,

There is nothing in dovecot.conf or master.cf, but in main.cf there is:

myhostname = localhost.localdomain

inet_interfaces = localhost

I should note that the above config files were created back in May and
have not changed since then, though the error messages are
recent. Perhaps there was a relevant bug fix or some other change in
dovecot/postfix recently.

/etc/hosts does contain both localhost.localdomain and localhost for
127.0.0.1.

Thanks,

Marc