Postfix errors in Logwatch

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Tue Oct 7 14:21:56 UTC 2008

Marc Schwartz wrote:
> Perhaps the references to just localhost in the config files I posted in
> my prior reply need to be expanded/altered to be more explicit to
> localdomain?

I think your configuration is OK but you can test it by sending mail to
root at localhost, for example with the command "mail root at localhost".

Look for the earliest occurrence of "localhost.com" in /var/log/maillog*.
Other log messages around the same time should show where the message came
from. You can also look in the subdirectories of /var/spool/postfix to see if
there's a message with an address in localhost.com.

Björn Persson