Re: Video card

On Monday 06 October 2008 07:27:44 pm Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Dan <dan steele d gmail com> wrote:
> > Could you give me some names of Video cards that are most compatible with
> > Fedora 9 and that have drivers for Fedora 9??
> >
> >                             Thank you dan

>>> snip

> If I were buying something now, I'd look at Intel video cards and/or
> motherboards with built-in video from Intel.  Several people have
> pointed out that  Intel is actually engaged in open source research
> and some people say the 3D drivers for them are better. But I don't
> have any Intel devices to test.
>
> This page encourages me:
>
> http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-010512.htm
>
> They give a list of cards, and I'd stay within that list if I were you.
>
> --
> Paul E. Johnson
> Professor, Political Science
> 1541 Lilac Lane, Room 504
> University of Kansas

Is there such a thing as an Intel video card? Or even a card using an Intel
chip? When I looked into this several years back, all that I was able to find
from Intel was a very high priced specialized card. I followed the link that
you provided above, and everything there seemed to refer to on-board chips.

-- cmg