Re: Package Rebuilding

On Tue, 7 Oct 2008, Dave Burns wrote:

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Robert Holtzman <holtzm cox net> wrote:
shouldn't yum
install <package name> pull in and install all the dependencies provided you
pointed yum to the package on your hard drive? What do I have wrong?

No, that would attempt to load the package from a remote repository. I
think you mean

yum localinstall <path to rpm file>

That will install an rpm and use the repositories to attempt to
resolve any dependencies the rpm has.

Sorry for the mistake. I just came over from RedHat 7.3 (yeah, that old) and yum is new to me. Thanks for straightening me out.

--
Bob Holtzman
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...