3D effects query

Hi

I've installed an nvidia quaddro fx570 card and I have it up and
running in twinview. I've enabled 3d effects how can I tell if the 3d
is being done by the graphics card instead of my cpu? I'm only asking
this becuase when I shake my gnome terminal window II see a fuzzyness
as though it can't keep up the redraw with how fast I'm moving the
window, is this behaviour normal?

Thanks
Dan