Re: SSH Access Issues

listserv traffic sloop net wrote, On 10/08/2008 12:57 PM:
In the properties for the user, what shell do they have?
(cat /etc/passwd)

If it's /sbin/nologin, then that is part of the problem.

or if /etc/nologin exists, only root can login, but that would affect normal logins too.

HTH

-Greg

Hi List,

I have several F8 and F9 boxes in an internal network.  I can ssh between
them all happily as root, but not as individual other users.  After prompting
me for a password, it says: Permission denied.  In /etc/ssh/sshd_config
I have the lines:

   PasswordAuthentication yes
   ChallengeResponseAuthentication no
   UsePAM yes
   X11Forwarding yes

but I can't seem to move forward.  Any ideas?

Jonathan

--
Todd Denniston