Re: Failed boot cannot find device

I have just build Linux 2.6.26.5. I am using Grub to boot it. When the
kernel loads it cannot find by filesystem. My grub bootline looks like this
: /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.26.5 ro root=/dev/sda1

Any suggestions would help

Steve

What filesystem does your system use where the /boot partition resides? Did you build the filesystem as a module or into the kernel? Did you create an initrd as well?

--
Regards,
Michael Magua

I am using EXT3 filesystem. I do not know if I built the kernel as a module into the kernel, I used the defaults that came with Linux. I am using an initrd that cam with Fedora. I do not know how to create initrd with the kernel.

Steve

How do you create inird with mkinitrd if you do not have the new kernel modules loaded to make initrd? I get an error saying cannot find modules for kernel number.

Steve