who can help with menu issues??

I have the following issues:

1) on one system Gimp in menu is not present for one user, but it is
present for other users: it is not even present in
System/Aspect&Style/Principal menu where one could put a tick in the
box to show item...how do I recover from it??? Anyway I could add
manually, but it should work in the other way..i.e present as
standard.
2) on two different system, on system 1 I can add Trashbin applet to
the bar as it is present in available applet in the list, on system 2
Trashbin applet is not even present in the list

I mailed this to the two list as I assume that it is my fault... ;-)

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag