Re: command error redirection

Simon Andrews wrote:
ANOOP wrote:
On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Gopal Ghosh <gopal016 gmail com> wrote:
Dear All,
How top redirect errors of a command to a file

# <command> > errorFile

That would redirect stdout (normal output) rather than the errors. To redirect standard error you'd usually do:

# <command> 2> errorfile

..assuming you're using bash for your shell.

To capture all output, use

	command >/path/to/file 2>&1

which redirects both stdout and stderr to /path/to/file.
-   I haven't lost my mind.  It's backed up on tape somewhere, but   -
-                       probably not recoverable.                    -