Fedora-10 does not like me

I've had rather disappointing experiences with F-10 beta.
I tried to install on the hard disk of a Thinkpad T43,
but the mouse/pointer was not visible.
Installation in text mode crashed after installing all the packages.

I tried the KDE Live CD in a couple of very different computers,
but neither was stable.
In both cases the problem seemed to lie with X.

I don't particularly mind - I'm happy to wait for the real article.
But I wondered if my experience is typical?

One tentative conclusion I have come to
is that Anaconda is becoming much too complicated.
I wonder if a two-tier system would not be better,
where a basic Linux system is set up in phase one,
and all the goodies added in phase two.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net