atheros madwifi driver not working

Agile Aspect agile.aspect at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 16:27:02 UTC 2008

Martín Marqués wrote:
> I just got a Compaq Presario F700 which has an Atheros chip based wifi
> PCI express card. I check on the web and found that I had to install
> madwifi-hal.
>
> I can't find that package in livna, nor can I find it in atrpms, so I
> installed kmod-madwifi and madwifi from livna (which installed for
> dependencies iwl4965-firmware), but even though the module gets loaded
> automatically, the card doesn't work.
>
> What's wrong?

You probably have the wrong driver.

I have AR5007EG and but lspci indicates it's an AR242.

If you have Windows installed, look at the device under
Windows.

--
Article. VI. Clause 3 of the constitution of the United States states:

"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of
the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers,
both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by
Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test
shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust
under the United States."