Re: [Fw: Cambridge (F-10) Beta release announcement]

Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 12:09 +0930, Tim wrote:
On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 19:36 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
I don't think you understand why there *IS* an announce list...
I do.  I don't think some others do, though...

If the announcement was worth sending to both lists, the announcement
can be (and sometimes is - look at the headers for some).  What I find
really annoying is someone *else* who decides that they should go about
forwarding from one list to another.

Too many things annoy you. When I have  done this it was because people
had complained that important information had been missed on the
announce-list.

Actually I think we agree here. My thought is that announcements should initially go to both the general and announce list, and if the O.P. doesn't do that I have no complaint about a forward. It's the forwarding to unrelated lists, and duplicate forwarding by multiple people, which seen unnecessary.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>