[Fw: Cambridge (F-10) Beta release announcement]

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat Oct 11 18:08:15 UTC 2008

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 04:52:02PM -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>> Any chance of getting support for the Atheros L1E NIC in there? The Linux
>> driver comes with the ASUS P5Q-SE/R board, for their "Express" Linux, and
>> appears to be  GPL. The reviews on the Newegg site say that OpenSuSE-11
>> supports the NIC out of the box, so if the license is okay perhaps Fedora
>> users won't have to hand build a kernel.
>
> I don't know anything about that particular driver, but a quick Google
> search for "linux atheros l1e" shows me patches submitted to the
> 2.6.25.3+ kernel.  It may be there now.  Have you tried the Fedora 10
> Beta to see what happens?

Yes, thanks. The most recent FC9 kernel also seems to include that patch, and
the systems with the ASUS "P5Q SE/R" board work well.

I have not had any luck yet getting the video working in FC10 on bare hardware.
I did do an install on KVM, which works if you ignore the lack of xorg.conf (I
know, new X) and a choice of resolutions limited to 800x600 and no obvious way
to increase it. I tried the default video and the "-std-vga" option, for simple
testing that is adequate.

I will eventually try FC10 on other hardware, it's beta and I don't live or die
by it, FC9 working really well for me other than one laptop.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>