Re: why the IPV6 looking hostname prior to reboot?

Fred Silsbee wrote:
Having DHCP from my ISP,            I did:
(1)
127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain localhost localhost
127.0.0.1               abc777
::1             localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6

To shed a little light on the loopback interface line, in many versions of UNIX utilities (not just Linux), there seems to be an assumption here and there that the line will look like:
	127.0.0.1 FQDN hostname localhost
and that's the way the default line you see reads. My FC9 development machine read:
	127.0.0.1 nineiron.tmr.com nineiron localhost
while the FC10 machine says:
	127.0.0.1 tenspot.tmr.com tenspot localhost

That's why "localhost" shows up twice, and at least back to FC6 it's been that way for a while.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>