Re: atheros madwifi driver not working

Agile Aspect wrote:
Martín Marqués wrote:
I just got a Compaq Presario F700 which has an Atheros chip based wifi
PCI express card. I check on the web and found that I had to install
madwifi-hal.

I can't find that package in livna, nor can I find it in atrpms, so I
installed kmod-madwifi and madwifi from livna (which installed for
dependencies iwl4965-firmware), but even though the module gets loaded
automatically, the card doesn't work.

What's wrong?
You probably have the wrong driver.

I have AR5007EG and but lspci indicates it's an AR242.

If you have Windows installed, look at the device under
Windows.

That wifi device is not going to work under the kernel-2.6.26, but the kernel-2.6.27 has the drivers for that chipset and they work perfect in FC10.
I have a eeePC702 with the Ar5007EG and is working great in FC10.