Re: EeePC - to Fedora or not?

Timothy Murphy wrote:
I recently acquired an Asus EeePC-1000
(the Linux version with a 40GB SSD).
I don't really like the Linux system running on the machine,
and am thinking about installing Fedora instead or in addition.

What actually are the advantages of Fedora in this case?
Also, will I have any problems with WiFi,
which works very well in the current system?

I have a eeePC 702 and it works perfect on FC10 the kernel-2.6.27, I don't know what WiFi the 1000 uses but the eeePC 700 series runs the Atheros AR5007EG wireless, and it won't work in the 2.6.26 kernels FC 8 - 9 .
The  rpm from Livna will also give you problems.
All hardware on my E works perfect on FC10 , most of all the Webcam.