Re: LVM script at bootup ??

William Case wrote:

> It's OK Mikkel, I gotcha anyways.  I have checked rc.sysinit and it does
> 'if [ -x /sbin/lvm ]; then
> 	action $"Setting up Logical Volume Management:" /sbin/lvm vgchange -a y
> --ignorelockingfailure
> fi
>
> I have no use for lvm.  I have thought of either commenting out the
> above statement, or, 'yum remove lvm2' which has a mkinitrd dependency.
>
> Which or whatelse would be the least dangerous?  Where did the /sbin/lvm
> come from?  I have been careful to NOT install LVM with each new fedora
> installation.  If it is being added by the latest kernel upgrade, would
> not this addition of LVM to the rc.sysinit script be a bug?

Take a look at the timestamps on rc.sysinit - I think it has always
been in there. Considering how seldom the initscripts are updated,
you are probably safe with either option. In your case, I would
probably remove the lvm2 package. (rpm -e --nodeps lvm2) The only
problem would be if you get a drive that has LVM that you need to
read...

Mikkel