Re: Linux Fedora Error Number 15 : File Not Found

Jyotishmaan Ray wrote:

> I have tried booting from all the kernel as shown in the menu, but it odes
> not boot. Please write in step-wise the things as you had suggested,as I
> am a new bie.

Personally, I would get Knoppix.
This is Linux on a CD.
You can look at your current partitions,
and see if the kernel(s) in /boot
actually match those specified in /boot/grub/grub.conf
(which should be linked to /etc/grub.conf).

Alternatively, you can run grub interactively
by pressing "E" when the kernel list appears.
Personally, I find this quite complicated,
but it allows you to find what kernels are available,
and to try them.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net