Auto Log in screen

Marcelo M. Garcia marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 13 11:56:09 UTC 2008

Steve Friis wrote:
> In older versions of Fedora, there is a GDM tool that lets you set up so
> that when the computer starts and gets to the log on screen it
> automatically chooses the user, puts in the password and then runs.
>
> The problem is, GDM-setup no longer is there. Was this replaced with
> something else? Was this left off of Fedora 9 for a reason?

Hi

I post the same question, and the answer :
edit /etc/gdm/custom.conf

however AutomaticLogin did not work properly as released, your system
will need to be 'yum updated' for it to work properly.

Add the section in the file :

[daemon]
AutomaticLoginEnable=true
AutomaticLogin=your_username

If you can't yum update the system there is a workaround via a timed login :

[daemon]
TimedLoginEnable=true
TimedLogin=your_username
TimedLoginDelay=0