Re: F9: System hangs after long inactivity.

On 2008/10/14, Dan Thurman <dant cdkkt com> wrote:

[...]

> As for your kernel boot issue, you should write down what
> you see as to why it fails to boot.  What does the boot message
> say?  Does it stop at some point and hang?  You have not
> given much information to go on.

It's probably a different problem. I can boot with either kernel
if I boot at runlevel 3 (no X). However with kernel 2.6.26 at
runlevel 3, the moment I type "startx" at the console, the
system locks up. To sum up:

kernel 2.6.25: OK X and no X
kernel 2.6.26: OK no X

My main problem with Fedora is I'm not familiar with the
system logs setup. I'm more familiar with the copious logs
of Debian (and Ubuntu by extension).