Re: Beeping while running

Konstantin Svist wrote:
Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
Recently, one of my machines (running F8) has started beeping and I
can't figure out the reason why.  After watching it this morning, I've
noticed that every 30 minutes it seems to beep 20 times.  It almost
sounds like a BIOS beep, but the machine has 177 days of uptime (and
counting).  So, I'm wondering, what will cause 20 short beeps?  My
wife describes it as almost sounding like a flute.  I figure its got
to be a warning of some kind.  The motherboard is an ABit NF7-S2 with
an AMD XP 2600+ CPU and 1.5GB of RAM (3 512MB sticks).

Sounds very much like a sound that most UPS units make when the battery
goes bad.. just saying :)

apcupsd says that my battery is still good (100% charged, 32 minutes est runtime) and the last "event" was on 10/13 (Low Line Voltage).

I just checked, and the sound is being output through my computer's sound card's speakers, though that motherboard has integrated audio and I think it is set up to do "pc speaker" through the computer's external speakers.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome rcn com