Re: Beeping while running

Christopher K. Johnson wrote:
I don't know if this is a silly suggestion, because I don't know your physical setup.

Any chance that the beeping is actually from an adjacent UPS instead?

No, I've identified that the beeping is coming from my computer speakers plugged into the back of my computer and not from the motherboard/case speaker and not from the UPS.

Some provide similar indications when tested and there is an issue such as weak batteries, and your software for the UPS could be initiating hourly tests.

"service apcupsd status" indicates:  "Selftest: NO"

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome rcn com