Re: new kernel will not boot

I have compiled a new kernel and it cannot find the filesystem to boot. How
do I specify in the kernel confg what disk to boot?

Steve

The obvious question is: did you make a new stanza for it in
your /boot/grub/grub.conf?

Yes the grub is all set. It does not seem to matter if I use a LVM or not. Say's VFM: Cannot open root device "VolGroup00/LogVol00" or unknown block (0,0)

Steve