Re: Fedora 10 and 80x24 text console bootup

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 23:33:50 +0100,
  Mikolaj Kucharski <mikolaj kucharski name> wrote:

> I would like to have plain text console all the way from grub to login
> prompt completely disabling plymouth, as currently I have high

You aren't going to be able to disable plymouth. Also you don't need to.
If you remove the kernel option for the graphical display (which used
to be rhgb, but I am not sure if it still is) then the system will boot
in text mode. (You still get a resolution switch if modesetting is being
used for your video card.)

> resolution glass console after kernel is reaching init. How I can
> achieve that? TIA.

It isn't clear to me if you want to get a vt for login or just have text
up until X starts. If you don't want X, you can boot to runlevel 3 by using
3 as a kernel parameter.