Re: Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.

Jerry Feldman wrote:
I am using Fedora 9 on an IA64 workstation. When I ssh -X to another host, the ssh authentication succeeds in under a second, but the X11 authentication takes about 20 seconds and issues the warning: Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.

It could be a name resolution issue, for example,  a DNS issue.

I'm presuming you compared the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file on
Fedora 9 machine with the other hosts.

--
Article. VI. Clause 3 of the constitution of the United States states: "The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."