f9 gnome auto login questions

Here's my example usage :

1) Setup auto login :

edit :

/etc/gdm/custom.conf

[daemon]
AutomaticLoginEnable=true
AutomaticLogin=my_uname

2) Restart to runlevel 5, experience autologin as "my_uname".

3) Activate System->Lockscreen menu option.
(screen saver starts)

Note : at this point, I expect my screen to be password protected.

4) Wiggle mouse for authentication dialog. Don't enter password; click the "Switch User" button.

Try # 1 : Get directly to desktop, no password needed.

5) Repeat steps 3,4.

Try # 2 : Get login greeter on try #2. Select "Automatic Login" user, get directly to desktop, no password needed.

6) Attempt to disable the "Switch User" button :

# gconf-editor
apps->gnome-screensaver->user_switch_enabled=false
desktop->gnome->disable_user_switching=true

Note : at this point, I expect user switching to be disabled.

7) Restart to runlevel 5. Same behavior; user switching is still enabled and exhibits the same "no password" behavior of steps 3-5.

Is it expected that once autologin is enabled, access to that account is password free, even though the locking screensaver is activated?

Is there a way to actually disable the switch user button in the screensaver authentication dialog?

--
SW