Re: using fglrx

Gene Heskett wrote:
Resend, adding Greg KH <greg kroah com> to recipient list, I think you are the udev person?

Greetings;

I have now rx'd a patch that makes the ATI fglrx-8-9 build and install on a 2.6.27 kernel.

Unforch, its very slow, with screen scrolls very painful. According to Xorg.0.log, there is no dri because udev isn't makeing the /dev/dri/card0 (card1 through 15 it tries) devices.

What if anything, can I do about this?

Afaik there's little support on this list for proprietary drivers. Not sure if including a senior kernel hacker is the proper way either. I would try asking on the Phoronix forum where they discuss ATI's and Nvidia's proprietary drivers all day long: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/

Regards,
Patrick