Re: Grub and Chainloaders

suvayu ali wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 3:24 PM, Dan Thurman <dant cdkkt com
> <mailto:dant cdkkt com>> wrote:
>
>     title Fedora 9
>           norootverify (hd0,4)

>     title Fedora (2.6.26.5-45.fc9.i686)
>           root (hd0,4)
>

> I am very new to linux, but could this be correct? both of them (hd0,4)?

It is definitely strange. When you pick Fedora 9, does it bring up
another copy of Grub?

Did you install F9 twice? The first time installing Grub to the
partition boot record, and the second time to the MBR? Installing
Grub twice is about the only way I can see this happening. (Unless
this is related to the update that would not let some people boot?)
In any case, as long as you can boot the system when you pick Fedora
instead of Fedora 9, I would delete the Fedora 9 entry.

Mikkel