Libraries disappearing from compat-libstdc++-296

William M. Quarles walrus at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 18 15:17:02 UTC 2008

Hey all,

I'm using Fedora 8 on my laptop. The library known as
"libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2" isn't there, which I need to run Maple 7 on
my computer. This should be a part of the compat-libstdc++-296 RPM, as
this library was originally a part of RHL 7.3 and 8.0 in libstdc++, and
available in the compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.118 RPM for RHL 9. Does
anybody know why this file was removed from the compat-libstdc++-296
RPM, and what I can do to get it from the SRPM again? (I'm guessing
theoretcially it should still be part of the source code.)

Thanks
William