How to install Fedora 9 without DVD drive (but I have usb)

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Oct 18 16:10:13 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 14:54:09 +0000,
  Mike <mike.cloaked at gmail.com> wrote:

> In addition it should be pointed out that the DVD iso file needs to be placed
> on a partition that is not going to be overwritten during the install - eg
> in the /opt partition separately from /

If space is at a premium and a network install is possible then you can just
use the rescue image.

It is also possible to do a yum upgrade from FC6 to F9. Though you might
have an issue with getting the new initrd image correct and need to boot
off a rescue image to build it. (I needed to do that going from FC5 to F9
because some module(s) needed by the later kernel weren't being included when
mkinitrd was run under the older kernel.)