Re: How to install Fedora 9 without DVD drive (but I have usb)

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008, Vijay Gill wrote:

I have been trying to find a way to install fedora 9 without a DVD
drive but all of the existing solutions seem to be for upto Fedora 8
only. I am running my server on FC6 and would like to upgrade to
Fedora 9 which must be pretty stable by now.

You can put the F9 live CD onto a USB key, then install from that. If you are feeling brave you can install the Fedora 9 fedora-release package and do a yum upgrade - it is not supported but it might work.

	Michael Young