F9: Firefox: Java based site fails to work.

I visited a java-based website and wondering why this
site seems to say that I need to enable Java in order
to use it?

I checked FF preferences and Java is enabled so that
is not the problem.

Firefox works fine on a windows platform so perhaps
I actually do not have Java installed on F9?  If so, what
steps do I need to take in order to make it work?

Thanks!
Dan