Re: Why does it take so long for new (gimp, kernels, openoffice) packages to reach the stable repo ?

Bill Davidsen <davidsen <at> tmr.com> writes:
> 2.6.27 is such a huge leap for many people that getting it out really should
> be treated as a bug fix, many missing or broken drivers added (some were
> retrofitted to 2.6.26 for Fedora users), and mtrr handling was vastly
> improved, giving many people a LOT more usable memory.

Don't worry, the kernel team has a track record of pushing new kernels out as
updates, so I'm pretty sure 2.6.27 will be pushed out eventually (at least to
F9, I don't know what the plans for F8 are). But a new kernel _does_ need some
testing, it can't be rushed to stable the day of the release!

        Kevin Kofler