-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces redhat com]On Behalf Of Craig White
Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2008 9:32 PM
To: Community assistance, encouragement,and advice for using Fedora.
Subject: Re: F9: Firefox: Java based site fails to work.

On Sat, 2008-10-18 at 23:59 -0400, Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > also for the record (and I am not the biggest fan of this), the 'Mailing
> > List Guidelines' linked to at the bottom of each and every e-mail...the
> > very first paragraph...
> You're free to ignore the OP if it's clear (as it was in this case) that
> this is the first place he's looked.  In fact, you're free to ignore  OP
> no matter what.
I do that often
> But posting just to say, "I'm not going to answer" is ridiculous.
I clearly did not do that. I very pointedly asked if he ever intended to
research the issue rather than use the list as the first point of

Java is a source of a lot of traffic on this list because Fedora
developers are committed to openjdk (rightly so in my view).

Easy enough to google...java site:www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list

and get 247 hits right there

Easy enough to read the release notes on Fedora 9

Easy enough to google java site:fedoraproject.org/wiki
hint, 3rd link

Too easy to ask the list before someone does any of that. Normally, I do
ignore that behavior until someone keeps repeating this behavior.

fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list redhat com