black screen problem when reinstalling XP in a dual boot system

ranti bose ranti.bose at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 07:00:14 UTC 2008

Hi everybody ,
i have fedora8 & xp installed in my pc.i want to reinstall xp & want to keep
fedora also.my problem is
whenever I insert xp cd in my cdrom a screen appearing saying "PRESS ANY KEY
TO BOOT FROM CD" ,then I press any key ,
but at that moment a "BLACK SCREEN" appears & cdrom stopped working .After
waiting for some minutes I reboot the machine by pressing reboot key &
follow the same steps but again the same thing happens.
 My question is what is the reason for this incident & how to get rid of
this.