F9: Firefox: Java based site fails to work.

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Sun Oct 19 14:01:58 UTC 2008

On Sunday 19 October 2008 06:12, Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Dan Thurman wrote:
> >> plus, once you have it installed, you can make 'relaycall.com' perminate
> >> to load every time.
> >
> > I installed noscript, then allowed 'relaycall.com' and IP address:
> > '12.x.x.x'
>
> NoScript is not going to help you get Java working.  g should have been
> more clear about that. I would recommend uninstalling it at least until
> you solve your original problem.
>
> As Nigel noted, you will probably have to install Sun Java in order to
> use your site.  There are many tutorials specifically about this, such
> as
> http://www.ilovetux.com/2008/05/fedora-9-sun-java-on-fedora-9-install.html
> .
>
> Matt Flaschen

I had already installed Opera on F9, and surprise, surprise, the applet loads
ok for that site, using the default java installed on F9.

I had already changed the line in Iceweasel's about:config, which identifies
the browser as Iceweasel/3.0.1 to Firefox/3.0.2, as I had problems with an
Internet radio streaming site, which wouldn't stream the radio unless the
browser identity was Firefox, so that doesn't appear to be why Iceweasel
can't initiate the applet.

Just a couple of observations.

Nigel.

btw, the opera site didn't show Opera for F9, but the one for FC6, FC7, and F8
works.