fdisk and labels

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200810 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 05:48:26 UTC 2008

"Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com> writes:
> On Fedora 9, mtools may not be installed on many systems, but you can
> use /sbin/dosfslabel for the same purpose, I believe.

Thanks for the tip.

One minor problem with finding dosfslabel is that it is rather well
hidden.  I tried a "man -k label" to see what labeling utilities were
installed, but dosfslabel didn't have a man page, hence it never got
indexed.

Is there some other indexing program I should have tried in addition
to "man -k"?

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              http://www.full-steam.org/  (ipv6-only)
         You may need to config 6to4 to see the above pages.