Re: Upgrading from Beta

On Sun, 2008-10-19 at 15:50 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
> 	I'm currently trying to install F10 Beta to a couple of machines.
> (I have a DVD, downloaded and burned, that boots OK and passes the self-
> test.)
>
> 	Supposing I succeed, ought I to treat those machines any
> differently when the regular release of F10 comes out than I do my F8 and
> F9 machines?
>
> 	I normally try an upgrade from media; it usually succeeds, and
> that's a lot less trouble than a fresh install. (I do end up doing fresh
> installs every few releases, anyway, for one reason or another.)

The way the releases generally work is that if you're running a
pre-release of some sort, at the appropriate time the "fedora-release"
package will be upgraded to a version that points your yum files to the
stable release repositories.  So at that point the box will "become"
real Fedora 10 and continue receiving stable updates on that branch.
People who want to *keep* using Rawhide typically take extra steps to
continue on that branch.

--
Paul W. Frields