help with old BSD mail commands

Hi,

I just migrated an old Solaris server to a new machine running Fedora.

Unfortunately one of my users is blind and dependent on using the BSD
mail command. Fortunately that still works for him, but he also was used
to using the BSD "from" command that lists newly arrived mail and/or the
nfrm command that was part of elm. Can someone point me to the
equivalent for Linux. My user is dependent on line-command and Mutt and
Pine do not work for him.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...and save me a lot of time.

Sincerely,
Dave

Please note: Emails authored under this address do not reflect the
opinions of my employer unless otherwise stated.