Re: When will KDE4 get a desktop like in KDE3.x ?

2008/10/21 Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123 gmail com>:

> Why can't we have files and icons on the desktop, ala KDE3.x ?

You can, but someone has to create the functionality before it can be used.

In the meantime, why can't you just use the folderview widget? If you
make it big enough, it is functionally very close to the old desktop.

The KDE developers have the desktop already working very well, though
certainly not all the features from KDE 3 series are in. Some of them
probably never will be, but I can't see why they'd have to be.

--
Joonas Sarajärvi
muepsj gmail com