Re: When will KDE4 get a desktop like in KDE3.x ?

On Tuesday 21 October 2008 00:50:46 Linuxguy123 wrote:
> Why can't we have files and icons on the desktop, ala KDE3.x ?

You can on kde 4.1 for folder view plasmoids.
kde 4.2 will allow this plasmoid to fill the whole screen.

If you want a reason this is so we can search on the internet. A good place to
start is Aaron Seigo's blog.

Among other posts this is discussed here:
http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/05/no-more-desktop-icons-in-41.html

--
José Abílio