OpenOffice and .pps files -

I thought openoffice usually opens .pps files?

Suddenly I have a file that it wont open.

This is an up to the minute updated F-9 system created from the live CD
so perhaps there is some appendage to OO that I need?

This really has me puzzled because I thought it was working but perhaps I
haven't tried this since installing F-9.

Any thoughts on what I might have missed?

Bob