Re: What are your unsatisfied NetworkManager use cases?

Michael H. Warfield wrote:

So please reply with a use case that you have that is not covered, I
will attempt to collect clarify and log them on the wiki (just
reactivated my account).

For my sake please do one use case per email.

	Last time I looked, there was no way to prevent NetworkManager from
screwing over /etc/resolve.conf.

For a variation on this theme, I run OpenNMS on a box with one statically assigned interface with DNS configuration and default gateway and another on a different network where I want it to pick up a DHCP address, but don't want either the default gateway or the DNS servers that are offered. That is, I just want to be able to reach the addresses on that branch, not route anything through it. Screwing up your default gateway is at least as bad as resolv.conf.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com