Re: What are your unsatisfied NetworkManager use cases?

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa gmail com> wrote:
Many people seem to have different issues with NetworkManager. I would
like to attempt to assist with the progress of NetworkManager by
collecting use cases which it does not cover at all or properly.

So please reply with a use case that you have that is not covered, I
will attempt to collect clarify and log them on the wiki (just
reactivated my account).

For my sake please do one use case per email.

Just a personal observation. When I installed F9 on my laptop I only had wireless active, which has worked perfectly after extracting the firmware to the correct location, however, the first time I plugged into ethernet (wanting to transfer a large file) nothing happened. I did some searching to find out I had to go into system-config-network and tell it to allow NM to manage the connection.

I'm assuming that if I had installed F9 with the wired connection active this would not have happened, but if NM is the "default" way of managing connections, shouldn't it default to managing *all* the connections?

Richard